I have made this stuffed toy and I called her Kitty the Cat! I used 2 different types of fabrics for this and some felt for the face elements. It is a nice gift for a friend or a child and very unique too! It takes about 45 minutes to make this.
Materials:- 2 pieces of cotton for the body (non printed), 21 x 30 cm
- 2 pieces of cotton for the tail and face (little print, e.g. polka dots), 21 x 30 cm
- some little pieces of felt for the face
|Body (Fit to A4 paper size)|
|Head & Tail (Fit to A4 paper size)|
1. Cut out the paper pattern of the head, body and tail.
2. Put the 2 pieces of non-printed fabric on top of each other with the printed side facing each other. Place the body pattern on top and cut out the body shape. Make sure you don’t cut exactly next to the paper pattern but keep a 1cm border. You now will have 2 fabric body pieces.
3. Do the same thing with the printed fabric (polka dots) and the head and tail pattern. You now will have 2 fabric tail pieces and 2 fabric head pieces.
4. Stitch the bottom of the tail (side 1) to the top of the body (side 1). Place the tail upside down, with the printed side inside, onto the body piece and stitch them together. Do this for both pieces.
5. Stitch the 2 body/tail pieces together. Place them on top of each other with the printed side inside. Stitch all seams except for the area’s with the dotted line.
6. Fold the body inside out, and then fill it with the stuffing. You can use scissors (or any other long tool) to push the stuffing into the legs and tail. When the body is full, stitch the remaining parts together so it is fully closed.
7. Stitch the face, eyes and nose on the cat head. You can make some wishers with black threat too.
8. Place the 2 head pieces on top of each other with the printed side inside. Stitch all seams except for the area with the dotted line.
9. Fold the head inside out, and then fill it with the stuffing. When the head is full, stitch the remaining part together so it is fully closed.
10. Stitch back of the head (area 2) on top of the body (area 2).
Your are done! If you want to make it look more feminine, put a bow around its tail!